Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Kinky Complications

What I was pondering this morning, and am now writing about, is the complication of this certain "kink" which brings many of us together here in this space.

For many, kinks are complicated because they involve social maneuvering and vulnerability.  However, on the complication scale there is quite a bit of variation.  For instance, if one is particularly fond of piercings, that may involve trips to the piercers, planning new modifications, etc.  But, it's all rather tangible and can be more easily separated from day to day life.

With TTWD, however-- at least for me, the kink of it all depends in large part on times when things aren't directly sexual.

It's about being told what to wear (or not to wear, as the case may be).  It's about having my door opened for me, and putting dinner on the table.  

It's about including the sexual in the mundane.  A text message in the middle of the day that must be immediately erased-- on the off chance I get in a car accident and someone sees my phone.

It's about the fact that people think I'm nice and sweet and a very good girl.  I find it hilarious that people watch their language around me, and apologize on the off chance I've been offended.  

If they only knew...

So it's complicated.  Especially as one who wants to be on the sub side of things.  Because, to truly feel satisfied, I can't be in control.  I don't want to be in control.  But, sometimes it's not enough not to be in control-- I want REMINDERS that I'm not in control-- while I'm out working, home cleaning, wandering around walking the dog...


No comments: